HAKI Bridge System (HBS)
The HAKI Bridge System (HBS) allows you to provide safe temporary railway, road or river crossings for pedestrians while infrastructure projects are ongoing – or can act as a spine beam to support other structures such as scaffolds or temporary roofs.
Like the Public Access Stair, the HBS can handle loading of up to 7.5kN/m2 and has been designed to conform to leading British and European standards.
Incorporating the use of the HAKI Universal system, the HBS uses standard components like single ledgers, ledger beams and guardrail frames, as well as the landing handrails (barriers) that have been specifically produced for use on the HBS and PAS.
The HAKI Cladding System can also be used to enclose the bridge to offer further safety benefits, including risk of falling objects and falls from height.
1. On a temporary scaffold at ground level, then lifted into place with a crane
2. On a temporary birdcage scaffold at finished level
3. By a progressive ‘roll-out’ method – without the need for a crane and unaffected by weather conditions
The option of erection means HAKI can significantly reduce the possession time needed to position the bridge system into place, specifically on high-use rail and road projects. In these cases, the structure can be built ahead and then put into place quickly afterwards – as highlighted by the case study here.
Client testimonial from Wessex Water on our HAKI Bridge System, August 2019:
Could you please extend our thanks to you and your team for the professional installation of our pedestrian bridge.
From the initial order and design process to the final install, every step was met with a swift and considered response.
Myself and Wessex Water as a company are very happy with the quality and install of the bridge, especially the attention to detail and aftercare following the initial purchase.”
Summary of main benefits:
1. Option of 3 quick erection methods – including progressive roll-out – to reduce possession time
2. Withstands loads up to 7.5kN/m² for high volumes of footfall
3. Is compatible with HAKI Universal components and core components can be reused in other HAKI structures
4. Can be fitted with cladding panels to suit any length if required
5. A choice of decking non-slip is available to prevent falls from height
6. Can be erected using fully collective measures, satisfying health & safety regulations globally
7. Technical support and engineering services are available to support safe use
LOOKING FOR PRODUCTIVITY WITH YOUR SCAFFOLDING?
Let HAKI’s global team of experts find you a safe, adaptable access solution.